The Enfield No. 2 Mark 1 Revolver was developed at the Royal Small Arms Factory in Enfield from 1926 – 1927 and subsequently altered during the next two decades. The No. 2 Mark 1 was created to satisfy the need for a lighter and smaller sidearm to replace the Webley service revolvers, which fired the larger .455 caliber round. While the Webley’s had significant stopping power, they we’re deemed unnecessarily large and heavy. The design of the Enfield No. 2 Mark 1 is based on a scaled down Webley Mark 6 "break-top" frame. This Enfield is a double-action revolver with 6 cylinders chambered for .38 rounds. Officially adopted by the British Military in 1932, the Enfield No. 2 Mark 1 saw extensive action in World War II as well as The Korean War and numerous British colonial conflicts.